I wanted to share the latest news from The Huntington at Nashua, since they are experiencing positive Covid cases in their Independent Living portion of the Community.
This is where the common areas are, and where the majority of activities/events take place (such as the Bridge groups.)
Again, I encourage you all to refrain from visiting or attending events there while they are going through this, but obviously this is your choice. If you do visit, they are advising that you wear a mask.
Here is Lisa’s memo:
To: All Residents and Families
From: Lisa Valcourt, Executive Director
Re: Community Update
Date: Monday November 21, 2022
- We currently have 12 Covid positive Independent Living residents and presently no positive Kent Village residents. There were many direct exposures from this positive group.
- Everyone who has tested positive has been asked to notify those they have been in contact with.
- Those individuals who have been exposed are asked not to dine in any of the dining rooms for 7 days, self-test the day notified of exposure, again on day 5 or if any symptoms occur.
- A KN95 mask should be worn for 7 days while in the community by any person who has been exposed.
- Any exposed individuals may pick up a meal in the bistro with a mask on.
- If you have been exposed or you are currently positive do not visit with anyone in Kent Village for a minimum of 10 days.
With the holidays upon us please consider wearing a mask regardless of you being notified about a potential exposure.
Also please have honest conversations with anyone you may be visiting to ensure they are not experiencing any symptoms.
Thank you for understanding.
On another note, the dining room on the 4th floor at Hunt Community is closed at this time while they restructure their dietary department/staff. I will keep in touch once the dining room is open again.
However, the café is still open for lunch!